Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sweet Sweet Rain

The last week or so has brought the storm clouds. We've been having regular rain now for a while, and it's been magnificent. I can't remember being so happy for the grey skies.  Everything in the garden  has been thankful for the deep and soaking precipitation. I think we've had around 5 inches in the past little while. It's been great. I've never seen it so green. The hot Texas sun just saps the life out of everything sometimes. I'm excited for fall.  

2 comments:

ATW said...

The rain has been intense here in GA also. It has raeined all week here and the forecast is scheduled thru the middle of next week to have rain. The plants love it and so do the mosquitos

Unknown said...

Thats so true about the mosquitos, I've killed me a few blood suckers since the rain began. Still, its a small price to pay for a lush green garden.